If your utility service has been shut off for non-payment, please follow the steps below to restore your service.
Please note the following:
- You must provide a confirmation number to the Utilities Department employee who reconnects your service. If you do not have a printer, please be prepared to show the employee either your confirmation email, or the payment confirmation screen on your phone.
- Service will not be restored to empty residences. Someone must be at the residence at the time of reconnection to provide the Utilities Department employee with proof of payment.
- Employees will no longer accept cash and check payments at your home.
To Restore Service:
- Pay your account by visiting the City of Quincy Utility Billing ePay and selecting the One Time Payment menu option. You will need your account number, as shown on your utility bill, or late notice. The reconnection fee, shown below, must be added to the payment made on your utility account.
- Contact the Department of Utilities at 217-228-4580. Reconnection orders are not automatically generated when payments are made.
During Business Hours (8:00 am - 3:00 pm): A Utilities Department Customer Service Clerk will dispatch a Utilities Department employee to the residence to restore service. A $20 fee will be charged to accounts with service restored during business hours.
After Business Hours (3:00 pm - 7:00 pm): Your call will be answered by the Utilities Department answering service, who will dispatch a Utilities Department employee to the residence to restore service. A $90 fee will be charged to accounts with service restored after business hours.
Water service will not be restored between the hours of 7:00 pm and 8:00 am, on weekends, or City holidays.
- When the Utilities Department employee arrives to reconnect your service, please provide them with proof of payment, either in the form of a printed receipt, or by showing them the payment confirmation on your cell phone.