An Engineering Permit is required any time when
- Constructing physical improvements within public right-of-way under the City of Quincy's jurisdiction.
- Constructing water and wastewater (sewer) improvements within the City's utility service area.
- Constructing a driveway onto a street or alley right-of-way.
- Placing any sign, advertising, banner, display, awning or canopy or other similar device or object which extends over or is located on City right-of-way.
- Any development within a designated floodplain.
- Any excavation, including streets, sidewalks, alleys and parkways, made on a City right-of-way.
- Accessible Parking spaces.
An Engineering Permit must be obtained from the Engineering Department prior to the start of any work. You may obtain a permit application from the City Permits section or by visiting the Engineering Department at:
730 Maine Street