Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

An Engineering Permit is required any time when

  • Constructing physical improvements within public right-of-way under the City of Quincy's jurisdiction.

  • Constructing water and wastewater (sewer) improvements within the City's utility service area.

  • Constructing a driveway onto a street or alley right-of-way.

  • Placing any sign, advertising, banner, display, awning or canopy or other similar device or object which extends over or is located on City right-of-way.

  • Any development within a designated floodplain.

  • Any excavation, including streets, sidewalks, alleys and parkways, made on a City right-of-way.

  • Accessible Parking spaces.

An Engineering Permit must be obtained from the Engineering Department prior to the start of any work. You may obtain a permit application from the City Permits section or by visiting the Engineering Department at:

City Hall
Second Floor
730 Maine Street
(217) 228-4527