Discrimination Complaint Packets
Persons who believe they may have been unlawfully discriminated against in employment, financing, public accommodation or housing, may file a formal complaint of discrimination against the person or organization if that person or organization resides within the corporate limits of the City of Quincy.
- Call (217) 228-4500
- Download City of Quincy Title VI Complaint Procedures
- Download Title VI Complaint Form
The City strongly advises persons to carefully read and consider all information provided in the complaint packets. Filing a formal discrimination complaint is a serious matter and it is critical everyone understands the process and possible outcomes.
Discrimination complaint forms must be signed in front of a notary public and notarized accordingly before being returned to the Administration Department. The City will review all complaints to determine if the City has jurisdiction. The complainant will receive an acknowledgement letter informing her/him whether the complaint will be investigated by the City. The respondent will receive a copy of the complaint and the City's Human Relations Codes.
The City has 14 days to investigate the complaint. If more information is needed to resolve the case, the City may contact the complainant.
Policy of Non-DiscriminationNotifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
CITY OF QUINCY
- The City of Quincy operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the City of Quincy.
- For more information on the City of Quincy's civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact (217) 228-4500 or visit our administrative office at 730 Maine Street, Quincy, Illinois 62301.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program, Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590.
- If information is needed in another language, contact the City of Quincy at (217)228-4500