COVID-19 Closure of the City Buildings

Based on the advice of the Adams County Health Department, all City Buildings will be closing to the public at the end of business today (03/17/2020) until further notice.

Please click here to view the notice from Mayor Kyle Moore.

City Licenses and Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Close Out / Going Out of Business


The City, in conjunction with Illinois Compiled Statue 815 ILCS 350/1, requires any individual or business holding a Close Out or Going Out of Business sale to file an application in writing and under oath with the City Clerk.

How to obtain a license

The applicant must submit:


For More Information:
City Clerk
City Hall 
730 Maine Street, First Floor
Quincy, Illinois 62301

Return to full list >>