- Departments:City Clerk
- Divisions:City Licenses
- Phone:(217) 228-4510
City Code states It shall be unlawful to sell or offer for sale at retail in the city any alcoholic liquor without having a retail liquor dealer’s license, or in violation of the terms of the license.
- The name, age and address of the applicant in the case of an individual; in the case of a co-partnership, the persons entitled to share in the profits thereof; and in the case of a corporation, the objects for which organized, the names and addresses of the officers and directors, the name and address of any person owning more that 5% of the stock and the name and address of the person who will manage the public place;
The citizenship of the applicant, the place of his or her birth, and if a naturalized citizen, the time and place of his or her naturalization;
The character of business of the applicant and in case of a corporation, the objects for which it was formed;
The length of time the applicant has been in business of that character, or in the case of a corporation the date when its charter was issued;
The amount of goods, wares and merchandise on hand at the time application is made;
The location and description of the premises or place of business which is to be operated under the license;
A statement whether applicant has made application for a similar or other license on premises other than described in this application and the disposition of the application;
A statement that applicant has never been convicted of a felony and is not disqualified to receive a license by reason of any matter or thing contained in this chapter, laws of this state, or the ordinances of the city;
Whether a previous license by any state or subdivision thereof, or by the federal government has been revoked and the reasons thereof;
A statement that the applicant will not violate any of the laws of the state, or of the United States or any ordinance of the city in the conduct of his or her place of business;
A written certification of the City Fire Chief that the premises subject to the license has been inspected and found in compliance with the provisions of § 159.01 of this code, adoption of 2000 International Fire Code and the NFPA Life Safety Code;
- An investigation of the applicant’s background and financial status shall be conducted. The City Council shall have the authority to charge an investigative fee equal to the actual cost to the city of the investigation but not to exceed the amount established by Council. No license may be issued or renewed if the results of the investigation show to the satisfaction of the City Council that issuance or renewal would not be in the public interest.
How to obtain a license
The applicant must submit:
- Liquor License Application [PDF] or use the Online Fillable PDF Form.
- If filling out an application for a special event, use the Special Event Liquor License Application [PDF] or use the Online Fillable PDF Form.
- Review the linked information.
- Review all the requirements of Chapter 111 of the City Code.
For More Information:
730 Maine Street, First Floor
Quincy, Illinois 62301