Police Officer Testing
POLICE OFFICER TESTING
CITY OF QUINCY, ILLINOIS
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. CITIZENSHIP - Must be a United States Citizen. If not a resident of Quincy, applicant must agree to move to and live within the boundaries of Adams County within 6 months after appointment.
2. EDUCATION - High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
3. AGE - Not less than 20 1/2 years, nor more than 34 years at time of testing. *No age restrictions for active full-time law enforcement officers.
4. TESTING - All applicants must pass the following to be considered: written examination with a score of 70% or higher, background check, and oral interview. All applicants must pass the following to be hired: physical agility test, psychological and polygraph tests, a physical examination and a drug test. A fact sheet explaining various points about being a police officer is included in this packet.
$53,967.96 up to $55,856.83 with educational incentives
* Lateral transfers $67.146.66 - $69,496.79
Plus subsequent increases and benefits
The City of Quincy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Quincy Police Department is a Veteran’s OJT Facility. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. *The Quincy Police Department has lateral entry for active full-time law enforcement officers. Starting salary for lateral entry officers will be based on the officer’s level of experience up to 5 years.
Applications are available starting December 5, 2019 at Quincy City Hall, 730 Maine Street, Quincy, Illinois, 62301, 217-228-4545 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and online at www.quincyil.gov. Pages 2-15 of the application must be returned to the Board of Fire and Police Commission, 730 Maine Street, Suite 123, Quincy, Illinois, 62301, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 31, 2020. The same pages can also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. If you have any questions contact the Fire and Police Commission office at 217-228-4545, or e-mail your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The study guide used for the written exam is the 5th Edition Candidate Test Preparation Manual for Entry-Level Police Officers by the Fire and Police Selection, Inc. A copy can be picked up at City Hall, 730 Maine Street, Quincy, IL Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It is required that this book be returned at the time of testing unless purchased.
The physical agility demonstration will be Saturday, February 8, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. Applicants should report to Quincy University Health and Fitness Center, 1801 Oak Street. Please enter through the doors on the north side of the building. Parking is available in the lots on the east and west ends of the building. The written test will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 8, 2020 at the Quincy Regional Training Facility, 18th and Seminary Road. Parking is available on the east and west side of the building.