Below is a list of the current openings within the City of Quincy. Click on the job title to learn more about the opening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$47,019.23
- Posted Date:01/06/2020 10:42 AM
- Deadline to Apply:02/21/2020 4:30 PM
The City of Quincy Board of Fire and Police Commission Announces
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. CITIZENSHIP - Must be a United States Citizen. If not a resident of Quincy, applicant must agree to move to Adams County within 6 months after appointment.
2. EDUCATION - High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
3. AGE - Not less than 20 ½ nor more than 34 years on the day of the test or have been actively employed as a career firefighter with an Illinois Fire Department or District within the last year. Any person who turned 35 while serving as a member of the active or reserve components of any of the branches of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard of any state, whose service was characterized as honorable or under honorable, if separated from the military, and is currently under the age of 40 may also test
4. All applicants must pass the following: written examination, candidate physical ability test, oral interview, background check, psychological and polygraph tests, a physical examination and a drug test. A fact sheet explaining various points about being a firefighter is included in the application packet.
Plus subsequent increases and benefits. The City of Quincy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications, useful information, and testing dates, times and location can be found at www.quincyil.gov under “What’s New” or “News & Announcements”. If you have questions after reviewing the web site call the Quincy Board of Fire and Police Commission at 217/228-4545 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be submitted to the Quincy Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, 730 Maine Street, Quincy, IL 62301. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, February 21, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.